I am working on a design for my ROV, here are a couple of pics of my basic design from the front and a pic of the control layout on a PS2 controller.
– Air Cylinder from Soda-stream (Aluminium)
– 12VDC NO Air Valve opens with loss of power to blow ballast.
– EDF electric brushless motor (run immersed in water)
– 2 EDFs in each pod wired together
– Pods are rotatable and reversible for forward/reverse and depth control
– 4 small vector thrusters located on each corner 45 degrees to frame
– 2 roller pumps to change ballest level in main trim tanks
– Camera has pan and tilt
– Arduino Mega for onboard control connected to servo board
– Electronic Compass, Pressure, Leak detection, Battery Voltage
– Weights are washers on all thread
– Frame is drilled to allow water entry
– Dualshock cotroller linked via python to arduino
– All telemetry and control via USB to 50m ethernet cable
– USB hub 4 port- Arduino, Camera A, Camera B
– High RES Still Camera with flash
– Car tyre valves backwards in ballest tanks to allow water to exit
Here is a little video of my fishtank, no fish for a few weeks yet…..
I added CO2 injection to my fish tank today, this is to help the plants grow. I added 500ml of water to a 2litre softdrink bottle, then added three teaspoons sugar and one teaspoon of bakers yeats. I wanted brewers yeast but the store didn’t have any.
Within 15 minutes with it on top of the light on the tank, the warmth had the yeast cranking, I am getting a bubble of CO2 every 1.5 – 2 seconds, I am feeding it in to the pick up tube of the filter pump to disperse it through the tank.
This should help the plants grow quicker..
I found a little 50 liter fishtank at a garage sale on Saturday, it has a Biofilter in the hood and had a heater and light as well. All for the small sum of 15 AUD . Ihave planted it out and have a couple of bits of driftwood.
As yet I havent put any fish in, I am waiting for a month or so to give the plants and bio filter a chance to establish, I put some water from a mates tank in it to get the healthy oranisims for the filter. As there are no fish in there it means no food for the plants so I have fertilised the tank with seaweed fertiliser. I am hoping this will get algae and plants growing well.
All going well the plants will be enough to control the ammonia when the fish go in, I havent got any photos yet but once it has settled down and the tank clears up I will take some then.