I am in the very early stages of developing a Home Theater PC. I am using a Sony DVP-S715 DVD (see review here) player as the basis for the case and hope to be able to use the genuine remote. I am thinking of the following bits and pieces.
- Use the original sony remote for the S715 player
- Small Form Factor Motherboard (VIA Eden ?)
- 512mb RAM
- 80 gig HDD for DVR (temp storage only)
- 2 gig Compact Flash RAM for OS
- 802.11g Wifi (most of the music/video content is on server)
- S VHS out
- Composite Video out
- All original buttons will work, some obscure DVD related ones will be reassigned.
- Where the display was I will make a flip down panel with card reader and USB
- MAME using Play station controllers for interface with USB adapters.
- Laptop Dual layer DVD burner
- 12 volt so it can be used in the car
Well thats about it for now, I dont have any money to do anything else for a while so it will gather dust for now….